Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Potato Wedges


Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes. We live in potato country, and these days I'm eating more than my share of them, mostly in wedges. You see, most evenings at half past five I suddenly realise I should have started making dinner already. But it's too late to bake potatoes, and my kids HATE mash, so I slice them up and make wedges instead.

It's the easiest and most palatable way to cook potatoes that I know. They come out of the oven crisp on the outside, and clouds of fluff inside. Perfect! And as long as there's some Salsa Verde, pesto or some other herby sauce to dip them in, even my four year old will eat them.


Potato Wedges

potatoes
olive oil
salt

Pre-heat the oven to 200C.

Slice the potatoes lengthwise into thick spears. Toss the spears with olive oil in a bowl, and scatter over a baking tray.

Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip each spear, then bake for another 10 minutes by which time they should be beautifully golden and crisp on the outside, and mealy on the inside.

Toss with salt, and serve immediately.

(Local: potatoes, olive oil. Non-local: salt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment